Military Leadership Experience
I commit to working together with everyone in Sussex County to achieve:
- Fair and diligent prosecution and appropriate punishment.
- Heightened community engagement by my office.
- Promoting and strengthening positive relationships between law enforcement and County residents.
- Increased funding for law enforcement for more personnel and better training and equipment.
- Lower incarceration through performing service work that aids in the betterment of our community.
- Fighting for reasonable legislation that protects victim’s rights.
- Tough sentences for violent crimes – particularly crimes children or involving the use of firearms.
- Providing for safer schools and social welfare programs that aid our children’s growth and development.
- Instituting programs to reduce crime in Sussex I and II prisons.
Plans & Accomplishments
Commonwealth’s Forum on Crime in Sussex prisons
Shortly after being appointed as Commonwealth’s Attorney we got busy instituting major policy initiatives for this office. We called on the Wardens, their staff and other key leadership figure from the Department of Corrections to meet and discuss ways to reduce crime in the prisons. The meeting was highly successful and will be used as a model for other jurisdictions that are responsible for prosecuting criminal activity in their jurisdictions Since instituting this plan, we have managed to increase successful prosecution of crimes committed in the Sussex prisons. We recently asked the Grand Jury to give us twenty-five indictments for the Sussex prison and they did just that. We believe that these indictments and the subsequent successful prosecutions will significantly deter further attempts to commit crimes in the prison.